On The Wings of Destiny

Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
Voting



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yes I know I'm Feeling Sorry For Myself, Guess What? I Don't Care! I Throw In The Towel..

Let me tell you, nothing is harder then raising a teenager! Nothing is more frustating to see you teenager hurting and you can't fix it for him! Nothing is more upsetting then to be told you have no control over his medical care anymore just because he is 18 years old!
I hate the number 18, on December 8th I had total control and on December 9th no control. That is hard to deal with. I just want to fix it for him, make him smile and laugh. I want my old son back.

Jenna has been a handful the past week as well. I'm not sure if it's because of all the stress with Adam. Or if she is going through her own not appealing phase, but we have not really enjoyed her company for about a  week now.  I guess I'm not use to having two of my kids bucking up against me at one time. One i can handle, I'm a determined and bull headed person. But two of them doing it to me, is really wearing me down very quick.

Yesterday I checked on the status of our tax return, probably wasn't a good idea since nothing else was going right this week. Well of course there is a problem. My wonderful dad who is a tax preparer, called IRS and talked to them about it, first off all they lost all the documentation we provided on Jenna's adoption, so they weren't giving us any adoption tax credit, which caused the return to drop $5100.00. To say I felt panicked is a understatement. Luckily the man we talked to was very nice and helpful. He let us fax over the documentation, since they are the ones who lost it. Then he recalculated our return and because the adoption tax credit was listed before the dependant tax credit it was calculating a higher refund. He says the adoption tax credit should be listed second, needless to say this means we are getting $2000.00 less then what we thought. I'm trying to put on a brave face and say we will figure something out, what can i do argue with them? Nope, not much I can do. But $2000.00 is a lot of money when you are trying to come up with $30,000.00. for an adoption in a very short amount of time. Pray I know that's about all I can do these days.

Then after taking the day off yesterday to try and take care of myself mentally, I came back into the office today and had a email from A Helping Hand stating they may have found a problem with our paper work! Are you kidding me? This is the straw that broke this camels back.  They were suppose to be taking our paper work to Frankfort yesterday to have it Certified and Authenticated before sending it to Washington DC then to China, well they discovered that our FBI clearances, did not have a women by the name Kimberly J. Del Greco signature on the bottom of the form and they think it may be required. They are checking on it for me. Of course I'm sure it's will be required and then we have to send it back to them for them to fix their mistake. Needless to say this hold everything up and most likely are paperwork won't be mailed off next week. At this rate we probably won't be matched with Leah in April.

I just would like to have some good news, and yes I'm fully aware things could be worse. If I hear one more person say that to me I'm going to rip my hair out. Or if someone says it will all work out, as my husband just now said to me on the phone.  Right now I don't want to hear that I think I deserve some feeling sorry for myself. I've had it this week. I throw in the towel.   

No comments: