On The Wings of Destiny

Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
Voting



Tuesday, July 26, 2011

If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say, Then Don't Say Anything At All...


I've heard heard that saying a million times and said it a million times to my own kids. Well today I'm not going to listen. I'm having a really rotten day and I'm feeling really down in the dumps so I'm going to say what is on my mind.

My day started off with my money being returned from the wonderful ladies who handle getting our updated pictures of Leah from China. They returned the money stating that the orphanage was no longer going to allow us to get updates on Leah. One reason given was because in the past parents have asked for updates then once they receive them stop the adoption because the child appears to have something more wrong then what they were told, so they have to be careful. Ok, you have given me 3 updates in the past few months, I have sent her numerous presents and letters, does it appear that we are going to change our minds? Then the next statement really rubbed me the wrong way, they feel they have given us plenty of updates on her and will not give us anymore we should be good until we come get her! Are you kidding me? For one, I pay for the updates, they are not free!, second not that I think they would understand but she is my daughter and she is thousands of miles away from us and this is the only link we have to her. The only way we know she is healthy and ok. We are spoiled by the relationship we have with Jenna's orphanage, and I know how lucky we are to have that.I get you may be short staffed and that taking photos of a lot of babies takes up time. But don't tell a mom that is worried about her baby and who just wants to feel connected to her that she can't see her or know how she is doing for 5 months, it's cruel.

After today's news on the pictures I contacted our agency only to find out more depressing information, we will NOT be getting our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) this week, which means no travel for 2011. Crushing, bummed, mind blowing and power for the course for the Olges family. We start the adoption process both times and things slow down that is just our luck. How do some families have to wait 90 or more days for their LOA and some get theirs in 45 days. It doesn't make any sense. We have been waiting 62 days. We know a family who have been waiting 5 days less and got their LOA yesterday, I just don't get it, I'm sure I never will. We want to bring Leah home so bad. We hoped for a Christmas break travel so Jenna could go and not miss school since she would be out for so many weeks coming up for her heart, but doesn't look like that will be in the cards. I know it will all work out, goodness I have heard that, and I know that, but right now I just want to complain and well be cranky!

1 comment:

The Tracy's said...

I'm so sorry. This is not good news at all. We were i600 family and it went really quick but I understand that the i800 is an awfully long process. I'm continuing to pray that you get Leah in 2011.