On The Wings of Destiny

Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
Voting



Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Why are we adopting again?

Why are we adopting again? God only made one Jenna, she is perfect, you won't get another little girl like her! These words came from the mouth of a family member! It never ceases to amaze me the things people think they can get away with saying to you and think they aren't going to offend you. Considering the source of the person who said this to me, I shouldn't be shocked, but like I said when it's family, you would think people would understand the reason. I've come to the conclusion when you adopt people think this gives them the right to say what ever ignorant thing pops into their small brains to you. I've never heard anyone say "Why are you getting pregnant again, your first child is perfect?"
We don't adopt to see how pretty of a child we can get, how smart of a child we can get or how perfect of a child we can get. We adopt because our hearts long to bring another child into our family, to give unconditional love and to share our world with them. Adoption is something that touches our souls and if we could we would adopt 100 children. So my answer back to your question would be, spend 5 minutes with my daughter and she will educate you on the meaning of adoption and what a family is.

3 comments:

Carolin said...

I know Kristie, people say the weirdest things regarding adoption. We had similar comments & yes it hurt - but goodness, seeing Emma & Rebecca together - especially when they are snuggled up with one another in bed - makes me KNOW we did the right thing!

Jen said...

I think every family has someone that insists on being ignorant and saying things before thinking about it. I'm sorry that happened to you. We've just decided there are some people that are determined to be miserable and we refuse to let that affect our family. Adopting these sweet babies goes to the very core of who we are. Some just won't ever get that...their loss! Praying for all of you! Hugs!!

Amy said...

I don't know who said something so ignorant, but I say keep giving those precious girls a wonderful home! You do what you feel is right until you feel your family is complete! We'll happily welcome more precious babies! I love Jenna, and I can't wait to meet Leah Grace. (And I can't wait to see Jenna be a "big sister".)