On The Wings of Destiny

Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
Voting



Sunday, July 25, 2010




It's been a nice weekend. Not looking forward to work in the morning. Yesterday Jenna and I spent the day with my friend Crystal and her aunt buying gifts for baby Brooklyn's arrival. We had a great time. Looking at all those babies clothes made me wish Leah Grace was here now. Jenna would show me things she wanted her baby sister to have. She is going to make a great big sister.
We have had many people say Jenna won't like sharing her attention with anyone, but Jenna is a very loving and caring little girl. I know she will welcome her sister with hugs and kisses. Sure she will have times she will be jealous, that's only normal. But she knows how adoption works and is ready to share her family with a new little girl who needs one.

Adam and I have been having a lot of heart to heart talks lately. To be a 17 year old teenager he still finds time to get some hugs and share some laughs with his mom. He told me that he is going to try to spend more time with his great grandma and his grand parents since he will soon be moving off to college. He said I hope my senior year goes by slow so I can be with my family as much as possible. Needless to say I was in tears, the thought of my baby moving out and away from me breaks my heart. I've never been so proud of him and the man he has grown to become, but I will miss our time together and I will cherish every moment until he goes off to college. Time flies, enjoy your kids now, the good and the bad times. I'm so thankful to be a mom!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

She is going to be a great big sister--imagine all of the wisdom she'll have to share! (Like staying put by Mommy at the store.)
I'm so proud of you! You are such a great mom, and Scott is a great dad. I love you all so much, and can't wait to hear news about Leah Grace!