On The Wings of Destiny

Somehow destiny comes into play. These children end up with you and you end up with them. We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
Voting



Friday, July 15, 2011

Small update

Yesterday Jenna's cardiologist Dr. Villafane called back and said he spent the evening speaking to some of his counter parts regarding his favorite patient and her condition. He is referring her to his friend Dr. Ryan Leahy. Dr. Leahy now has all Jenna's test results and thinks the best thing to do is to order a cardio catherization test to meassure the exact amount of leakage from the valve. If the sonogram is wrong and it is way less then what it shows (not likely, but could happen) then maybe they can go in during the catherization with a balloon and inflate the valves to buy her some time before valve replacement. If the catherization shows it is a major leak then replacing the valve and doing open heart surgery will be the course of action. Dr. Leahy's office is suppose to call in the next week or so to schedule the test with us.
Jenna now knows something is wrong with her heart again and is very upset about it. She teared up but wouldn't allow her brave herself to cry. She looked up at all of us and said i don't want to have surgery again like i did in China, i think I remember I didn't like it and I'm scared. It broke all our hearts. I wish i could give her my heart so she would never have to go through another surgery or take another pill.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Not the news we wanted to hear

I think I had prepared myself yesterday that we may hear these words ( It's time for surgery) but it still knocked the wind out of me. I first thought we had made it through the visit without to much change. Dr. Villafane was pleased with the small amount of growth in her heart size in the past 6 months from the X-rays, but then the sonogram of her heart would change everything. The first small red flag to me was that she had gained 4 pounds in 6 months ( a growth spurt) something that never happens for Jenna, something that has been told to us over and over again that when it happens would cause more leakage of her valve. Sure enough, there on the sonogram bright color was tons leakage. The nurse finished up and told her to put her clothes back on and for us to wait for the doctor. A few minutes later Dr. V came back in the room, only to have Jenna take her shirt back off and back on the table and he started to re-do the sonogram on her heart, putting her in many strange positions they had never done before and they were talking about things we had no idea about. Panic was setting in with both Scott and I at this point. He finished up and said, well guys I don't think we can wait any longer, her leak is now a massive one and it's to dangerous to wait, she needs to see a surgeon. He discussed two procedures that could be done, valve replacement most likely with about a two month recover period, and then a possible balloon cath procedure that could buy her a few more years before a valve replacement is needed, he isn't hopeful that surgeon will allow it with the amount of leakage but we will have to wait and see. It will take 2 weeks to even get a call from a surgeon, then we have to get an appointment, then they want to try and get it scheduled ASAP, because right now she isn't cleared to go to China and she will need 2 months to recover before she would be cleared.
We have not discussed much detail with her yet as we waiting to talk to the surgeon first. Please say a lot of prayers for her.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Say some prayers

Jenna goes to see the cardiologist today at 3:30. We are praying there have been no changes since the last visit in January. I had to take her for X-rays and blood work yesterday. You can see here how enlarged her heart is on the right side.

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Pretty Good Monday

I started my Monday off right with a email of four new pictures of Leah, so that great! I just love getting new pictures of her and seeing how she changes and feeling apart of her life. Today's pictures she was wearing the dress we mailed to her in the first care package. She should receive the second care package later this week.
On the adoption status right now, we are praying really hard for our LOA (letter of acceptance) to come in by the end of July, this needs to get here soon so we can travel in 2011. It will be really hard not to have her in our arms for Christmas this year. We really want to be home and settled a little before Christmas, but we just want to be with her at this point.

3 years ago today we landed at Louisville airport with Jenna home from China, I can't believe it's been 3 years ago, time flies! I swore I would never go back, three years later I'm praying to get me there as fast as possible.

We also start our next fund raisor today, we are selling raffle tickets for dinner a movie gift card valued at $50.00, the chances are $5.00 each, please let me know if you would like some. We will be drawing the winner August 6th! Good luck and thank you.

New photos, I think she needs a nap!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Leah is getting some more goodies

Tonight I prepared a box of goodies to send to our baby girl. It just contained 4 new outfits, a thin soft blanket to cuddle, head bands (not that I think they will put them on her, but I just had to try) a magical wand rattle and another disposible camera.

We should be getting new pictures of her some time next week. It would have been this week, but the assistant director and helper are both out of town so they are the ones who normally take the photos. Hopefully by early next week we will have some.

Since our wait is long, we will be getting pictures as often as we can and sending her several packages, just makes us feel better.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What a great weekend

We had a wonderful weekend. We went to Hubers Farm with my parents on Saturday. Sunday we spent the day shopping and hanging out together. On Monday our best friends returned from their vacation, we ate dinner at thier house then watched fireworks together. We see each other almost every day so we really missed them for the week they were gone.

Sunday when we were shopping we priced Sit and Stand Strollers for the girls at Babies R Us, on sale they had been running around $140.00. After leaving Babies R Us we drove to Once Upon A Child Consignment Store and found one in excellent condition for $70.00. We love it and we ahead and purchased it. It's my first time buying used, but I have to say I loved saving the money and it looks great!